On Friday, December 7, the USA published rather weak statistics on the labor market for November.
The number of people employed in the non-farm sector of the country slowed down to 155,000, which was below the market expectations of 200,000.
The growth of the average hourly wage was 0.2% compared with the forecasted value of 0.3%.
The unemployment rate remained unchanged at 3.7%.
Investors are awaiting meetings of the National Bank of Switzerland and the ECB.
We recommend tracking up-to-date information regarding the trade conflict between the United States and China, as well as the Brexit process.
Schedule of important Economic Events
In the upcoming trading week, we recommend paying attention to the following macroeconomic events.
Monday, December 10th
On Monday, we expect important economic reports:
- Data on Japan’s GDP at 01:50 (GMT+2:00);
- Statistics on the UK GDP at 11:30 (GMT+2:00);
- The volume of the UK manufacturing industry production at 11:30 (GMT+2:00);
- The number of open jobs in the JOLTS labor market at 17:00 (GMT+2:00).
Tuesday, December 11th
On Tuesday, investors will evaluate the following statistics:
- A report on the UK labor market at 11:30 (GMT+2:00);
- The ZEW economic sentiment index in Germany at 12:00 (GMT+2:00);
- The producer price index in the US at 15:30 (GMT+2:00).
Wednesday, December 12th
On Wednesday, the key event will be the report on inflation in the US at 15:30 (GMT+2:00).
Experts expect that in November, the base consumer price index will remain unchanged at 0.2%.
We also recommend paying attention to the Fed’s head speech.
Thursday, December 13th
On Thursday, meetings of the National Bank of Switzerland and the ECB will take place at 10:30 (GMT+2:00) and 14:45 (GMT+2:00), respectively.
It is expected that regulators will keep the basic parameters of monetary policies unchanged.
We recommend paying attention to the comments by representatives of the Central Banks.
Friday, December 14th
On Friday, the trading week will end with the publication of important economic reports:
- Tankan Large Manufacturers Index at 01:50 (GMT+2:00);
- The volume of industrial production in China at 04:00 (GMT+2:00);
- A number of indices on economic activity in the Eurozone at 10:00 (GMT+2:00);
- The index of economic activity in the manufacturing sector in Germany at 10:30 (GMT+2:00);
- A report on retail sales in the United States at 15:30 (GMT+2:00).