New review of events in the upcoming week.
Last week, the currency majors showed mixed results.
The dollar index (#DX) was in a sideways trend.
Demand for the pound rose against the news regarding the Brexit agreement.
A draft agreement was presented, according to which London and Brussels hope to maintain a large-scale partnership after the country’s exit from the EU.
On November 25, the EU summit will take place, where both sides will sign this project. Financial market participants expect the FOMC minutes.
Important macroeconomic events
In the upcoming trading week, we recommend paying attention to the following macroeconomic events.
Monday, November 24th
On Monday, November 26 we expect German IFO business climate index at 11:00 (GMT+2:00).
We recommend paying attention to the speeches by the heads of the ECB and Bank of England.
Tuesday, November 25th
On Tuesday, November 27 investors will assess the consumer confidence index in the US at 17:00 (GMT+2:00).
We recommend paying attention to the speeches by the FOMC representatives.
Wednesday, November 26th
On Wednesday, November 28 important economic reports from the United States will be published:
- Preliminary data on the country’s GDP for the third quarter at 15:30 (GMT+2:00);
- New home sales at 17:00 (GMT+2:00).
Thursday, November 27th
On Thursday, November 29 the publication of the FOMC minutes will be the key event – 21:00 (GMT+2:00).
We recommend paying attention to the comments by the Fed representatives regarding further interest rate increase.
- Report on the labor market in Germany at 10:55 (GMT+2:00);
- Pending home sales in the United States at 17:00 (GMT+2:00).
Friday, November 28th
On Friday, November 30 the trading week will end with the publication of important economic reports:
- The index of economic activity in the manufacturing sector in China at 03:00 (GMT+2:00);
- Сonsumer price index in the Eurozone at 12:00 (GMT+2:00);
- GDP data in Canada at 15:30 (GMT+2:00).